Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012






So, we're 16 weeks along. And, my have I popped. I can't see my toes! I feel good. Not great, but good.

They're sending me back to Rochester for all my OB care, and delivery. For anyone not familiar with Western NY- that's a TWO HOUR drive- each way. And I'm due in December. Anyone else see an issue with me in labor trying to make it the two hour drive up there? The plan: When I go into labor, we're driving to my mother's to get Liam settled in with her (45 minutes), then going to the nearest hospital with a maternity ward. If they say I'm not that far into labor, we'll continue on to Rochester. If I'm ready to go, guess I'm having my baby there. If the weather is bad, the farthest we're going is our local hospital.

The exception to this: I have placenta previa. The placenta is completely covering my cervix. It might go away, it might not. If not, I have to deliver via-scheduled C-Section. Logistically, that would be the ideal scenario. Motherly, not an effin chance if I can avoid it. We're made to deliver vaginally, and only in the most extreme of cases should C-Sections be done.

They'll be putting me on medication for the diabetes. My only high numbers is my fasting, which is the overnight number.

Other than that, we're good. I'm so tired! The nausea is kicking my butt. I've lost about 7lbs. But we're great. Liam is growing like a weed. Seth seems to have hit his stride with work. We're still broke, but such is life. I don't know anyone who has kids and isn't strapped, not personally anyway. We'll get through. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment