Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dinner Guests

We have guests coing for dinner, so including them and us, there will be 5 people eating (Seth, me, Liam, and one couple). The ladies in the group are doing a low carb eating plan, and one of the guys is on a high protein plan, so this meal is perfect. What are we having?
I can buy a pork roast for $1.29/lb. In our area, that's pretty much the cheapest cut of meat you can find. They vary from 7-9lbs, and I'll buy on the bigger side. But, we'll actually only eat about half for dinner and the rest will be pulled pork for sandwiches and such. Total cost of the meat for dinner based on an 8lb. roast is $5.16.
With it, I'll be making a smashed roasted cauliflower, and some roasted green beans. I'll be using 2 bags of frozen cauliflower ($.99 each), 1 bag of green beans ($.99), one brick of cream cheese ($.89), one stick of butter ($.50), and a splash of milk ($.02).
The spices for the entire meal will be around $.35. The BBQ sauce for the pulled pork is $1.

So, total for everything I'm cooking: $16.05.
The total for the dinner: $9.89.
Total per person: $1.98

Not bad for a dinner for 5 people!

The pulled pork costs $6.16, and it will feed Seth Liam and I for at least 5 meals. So our main course will cost $1.23, or $.41 per portion per person. Pair that with a roll of some sort and salad or a veg, and we're looking at an under $3 total meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment