We're sick at the Jacobs house, so I whipped up this soup to ease our upset bellies.
1lb chicken (any cut really, cooked and diced)
3 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
8oz spinach, chopped (I used frozen)
1C carrots, chopped (I didn't have any)
10 cups broth (I recommend homemade stock or broth made using "Better Than Bullion". Bullion cubes are garbage. Any base where meat is not listed first in the ingredients is unacceptable.)
Salt, pepper, and garlic to taste.
1- Put everything except the spinach in a pot on a low simmer for 45 minutes.
2- Add spinach, remove from heat after five minutes and serve.
I use Nature's Seasoning to season nearly everything I cook. It's sold online or in the spice aisle near salt.
As is, there are 10 servings in the pot. The net carbs for each serving is about 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment