Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Grief

Today is a sad day, not only for me, but for the nation, for the families affected by the tragedy in CT, and locally- for the family and friends of Adam Chase.

You may remember a post I had months ago about a high school friend who had gone missing. As it turns out, he was never missing. He was murdered by his wife, who them dismembered and burned his remains. His wife is currently remanded to the jail without bail. She deserves every bit of what she gets. But there's another victim in this story- their child. Fatherless since June, and now also without his mother.

Days like today sometimes make me question our decision to bring a child into the world. I look into the faces of my beautiful children and wonder if their futures will be filled with the same tragedies and sadness that so many children on a global level face. Abuse, sexual trauma, war, hunger, and those rare instances like today- when some sick fuck opens fire on children. Those parents will never go a day, for the rest of their lives, without wondering what they could have done to prevent this. How they could have saved their child's life. And if they ever do come to terms with what happened, nothing will ever fill the gaping hole left when a child is lost.

I simply can't share the birth of Haven with you today. Not when my heart is so broken over the senseless deaths, both far away, and close by.

However, I will share 3 photos today. If for no other reason than to remind myself that there is still beauty in the world, even when it can be nearly impossible to find.




Please note: I'm not sitting around in my bra. Tan tank top is slipping down.

No comments:

Post a Comment