Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Holdable 5 minute LC Skillet Pizza

I'll get photos added the next time I make this, I promise.

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/3-1/2 c. plus 1/3c. shredded cheese (pizza blend)
pizza spices (I used a preblended shaker)
pizza sauce
toppings

1. Combine eggs with 1/3-1/2c. cheese. Add spices. I find a little pizza spice, garlic powder, and oregano to be wonderful.

2. Dump into preheated frying pan over medium heat. For this recipe, you really need a good nonstick pan. Feel free to spray with Pam or melt a little butter before hand. Cook this until the bottom is browned and the top is mostly set. Then, slip a wide flipper (spatula, pancake turner, whatever term you like) underneath and flip the whole thing over.

3. While the top is on the bottom cooking, top your pizza. Sauce, cheese, any toppings you want. Go light on the sauce or the final step will be a little difficult.

4. You can do this last step one of three ways. If your toppings are precooked, just put a lid or foil over the top until the cheese melts. This is a great place to use up cooked veggies, those last few pepperoni chips, what have you.
If you're like me, you like your cheese a little browned and your pepperonis crispy. Sooo, flip the entire pizza again- so your toppings are now on the bottom. Let sit for 2-3 minutes, then invert a plate over the pan and flip the entire thing back over.
The third option is to just cook the crust this way, then assemble the pizza on a cookie sheet and bake or broil until your toppings are how you want them.

I found this to be the most realistic taste and textured low carb pizza crust. You can slice it and actually pick the slices up. Fold 'em if you want- it holds. And it's so easy, requires mimimal dishes, and can be done fully in a skillet in about 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment