Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fall Soup (vegan friendly)

I'm feeling soupy today. Seth has a work dinner, at my FAVORITE restaurant. *jealous* For whatever reason, if I can't snuggle up to my man, I wanna snuggle up to a huge mug of soup. As usual, excuse the lack of photos. I have no forethought at all. I will take pics of my super cool frog mug full o' soup later though. This is one of those 'throw random shit in a pot' recipes.

Here's what I did:

In a pat of butter (or your favorite vegan alternative), saute some diced onion and cooked brussels sprouts (or cabbage) until it all has a nice crust on it. Then toss in some diced potato and turn the heat down a bit. Give it a stir every couple of minutes while you do the next step. Open a can of white kidney beans and dump into a bowl. Using a potato masher or fork, mash until lumpy potatoes consistency. Toss the mash and another can of white kidney beans into the pan. Add a little more butter or alternative, then just stir until the mashed beans incorporate themselves. Add in some stock of your choosing, salt and pepper to taste, and slowly simmer until the potatoes are done.

This literally took me five minutes of 'work' to make.

Cohesive ingredients, using the above method:

1 medium sweet onion, diced
2 cups cooked brussels sprouts, diced
3T butter, or vegan alternative
1 large white potato
2 cans white kidney beans
12oz stock/broth
salt and pepper to taste

This made about 1.5 quarts of soup. That'll feed us dinner tonight (Liam and I), and lunch for all three of us tomorrow. God, I love soup. It just makes me want to curl up with slippers, a blanket, and a big steamy mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment