Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

$3 Holla!

I made a dinner so delicious, so yummy smelly, so damned cheap, I made it two nights in a row. And now you can too!


And yes, my cell phone photos ROCK. Trust me, I know how hard it can be to turn a beautiful plate of food into the blob you see above. Ahem.

So, the recipe.
1 boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced (You can use more, but I'm a cheapass)
1/2 bag frozen green beans, or ANY veg you like
1 prepared box of stuffing OR 3C stuffing OR 3C mashed potatoes
1 can cream of whatever soup OR 1.5C gravy
salt and pepper
1/8C butter

1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Butter a casserole pan.
3. Lay chicken across bottom, then season with salt and pepper.
4. Add frozen beans or veg in a layer.
5. Pour over soup or gravy.
6. Add stuffing or mashed taters layer.
7. Optional- sprinkle on shredded cheese
8. Bake for 35-45 minutes. 35 to cook the chicken, 45 to really crisp the topping.

Be amazed, lol. This feeds 5 generous portions, or 6 if you're also having a salad.

Chicken- approx. $1.10
Beans - $.50
Stuffing- $.50, or homemade mashed, $.25
Soup- $.80
Butter and seasonsings- $.10-12?

Total: $3.00 ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment