Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Rndom Thoughts on a Sunday

Gender Roles

I don't believe in gender roles, gender specific behavior, or raising my child is a gender specific environment. My son is all boy, that's for sure. But when he asks me to polish his toenails, I do it. Some people in my life have issues with that. Frankly, that is their issue to have, not mine.

I only want 3 things from my children: for them to choose a path in life where they can support themselves and their lifestyle, for them to be honest and productive, and for them to choose a life that makes them happy. I don't care if that means my sons end up brain surgeons with wives and children, single Walmart overnight stockers, or have gender reassignments surgery to become housewives named Stella. Whatever makes them happy and fulfilled is fine with me.

I don't subscribe to boys being all blue and playing with trucks and girls shrouded in pink and bows and playing with Barbies. I let Liam, and will let Haven choose their own toys, their clothes, and make their own opinions without me shoving gender based ideas down their throats.

Someone on a forum I frequent was upset because her family has told her that she needs to be more feminine to raise a girl "the right way". What is the right way? And why does the physical appearance of a parent have any bearing on the well being of a child? In my eyes, physical appearance has no bearing on parenting ability.

I hope that my sons are able to grow up being confident and comfortable in their own skin, and are capable of making their own choices and forming their own opinions without their penises being a factor in that decision making.

Fall

It's officially FALL! The leaves are beginning to change, all things apple and pumpkin are out, and I am loving the chill in the air in the evenings. I can't wait for next month. Hay rides, pumpkin patches, and hopefully adding a new rabbit to our house. The farm we're going to for our Halloween festivities raises rabbits- and they have long hair rabbits. Weeeeeee!!! :-D

Pregnancy

I'm good, but boy am I ready for this to be over. I'm exhausted!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for fall. I'm ready for this awful summer to be over. And I just bought my first cans of pumpkin at Trader Joe's - mmmm pumpkin smoothies!

    ReplyDelete