Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thankful

The thing I am most thankful for this year is a so far uneventful pregnancy. I can only hope the next 26 days or so go just as smoothly. I get so excited watching him move around, and scared at the same time. A couple women on a birth board forum I'm on have had late pregnancy losses, and that scares the shit out of me. All I can do is the kick counts and stay positive. :-)

I'm still not at all nervous about anything having to do with taking care of both kids. Liam, despite diving head first into the terrible 2's, is pretty independent, loves babies, and is not a hard kid at all. I'm barely sleeping 5 or 6 hours a night, and am generally laying awake for at least a couple hours anyway. I am thankful that the support of my family makes me feel secure that we can reach out for help if we need it.

I am especially thankful today for my husband. For reasons too numerous to even describe here. Condensed version: he's amazing. Supportive. Kind. Tolerant of my hormonal craziness.

So, our Thanksgiving plan is fairly simple. A few family members are coming down and we're using the meeting house here to host dinner. My mom is bring the dinner rolls, dessert, scalloped corn (which I will eat myself into a coma on), and green bean casserole. We'll be making everything else.

That's it from this end. Enjoy your week, and holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment